Easy Banana Granola
Low sugar, healthy granola for snacking or breakfast.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or other flavorless oil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 to 5 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 3 cups rolled oats gluten-free if desired
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or sub any nuts or seeds you like
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds, chia seeds, or a mix of both optional
- 3 Tbsp raw quinoa optional
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment, foil, a slicone mat, or lightly grease with oil.
Mash the bananas in a large bowl until no lumps remain. Stir in oil, maple syrip if using, vanilla, and 2 Tbsp of water. If not adding the syrup, stir in the remaining 3 Tbsp of water.
Stir in the remaining ingredients until everything is well combined. Dump onto the prepared sheet pan and spread into an even layer.
Bake for 15 minutes then toss and bake for an additonal 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool completely then store in an airtight container for 1 week or freeze for up to a month.