Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad with Strawberry Dressing
A fresh and favorful summer dinner. Ways for adults, kids, and toddlers to enjoy this easy meal.
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 5 to 6 medium-sized strawberries, green tops removed
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Mayo or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp avocado or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 romaine hearts, ends removed, chopped or 4 cups of any lettuce
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 8 oz fresh strawberries or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 8 oz small fresh mozzarella balls or crumbled feta/goat cheese
- 4 oz cooked bacon or turkey bacon, chopped optional
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
Salad and toppings
To cook chicken, preheat your outdoor grill or a grill pan on the stove-top on medium heat. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Chicken should no longer be pink in the center and a meat thermometer should read between 155 to 160 degrees. Remove chicken to a plate, cover with foil, and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
Dice cooked chicken into bize-sized pieces. Add chopped lettuce to a large bowl. Arrange salad components on a cutting board, platter, or I like to place them into a muffin tin for a fun, kid-friendly display.
Use tongs and/or spoons to make your own salads from the lettuce and toppings. Drizzle with strawberry dressing or another salad dressing of your choice. Enjoy! See pictures and examples in post above for ways to serve this salad to kids and/or "picky" eaters.