Rainbow Fried Rice
Versatile, easy, veggie-packed recipe to cook with kids! See add-in suggestions and substitutions in post above.
- 2 tsp avocado oil or any flavorless oil
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen vegetables see suggestions below
- 3 cups cooked rice, quinoa, or frozen riced cauliflower or a combination of those
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey or agave syrup optional
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds optional
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced small
- 1/4 cup frozen corn or diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red cabbage
Heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add raw veggies and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 to 4 minutes.
Add rice, frozen veggies, and garlic powder to the pan and stir to combine. While rice heats through, mix soy sauce, vinegar, and honey together in a small bowl.
Once all the ingredients are cooked and hot, pour sauce over the top and stir to combine. Turn off heat and serve warm. Sprinkle sesame seeds of top, if desired.