Snack time will never be boring when you make these Monster Cookie Energy Balls. Another sneak peek recipe from my new kids cookbook, Kid Kitchen! Super easy to stir together and customize, kid chefs will be making these on repeat.
Want more recipes that your kids will be excited to cook (like these Monster Cookie Energy Balls)?
For the full details on the book, pre-ordering, and pre-order bonuses, head to the Official KID KITCHEN Launch Page! (Click Here)
For those who pre-order KID KITCHEN before March 14, 2023, I have three kid-friendly cooking bonuses as a THANK you for your support! You will get 10 EXTRA recipes and bonus content as a free ebook, a video KNIFE SKILLS mini-course, and tickets to a LIVE q&a and cooking class.
This is what the recipe looks like in Kid Kitchen. Printable recipe also below!
Monster Cookie Energy Balls
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter or any nut/seed butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats gluten-free if desired
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed or almond meal
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds or chia seeds optional
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut optional
- 1/4 cup mini M&M candy or mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, stir together the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Add the oats, ground flax, help seeds, and coconut (if using). Stir until all the ingredients are well combined. You can use your hands to squish everything together if the dough gets too thick to stir with a spoon.
- Mix in the chocolate and raisins. Scoop up tablespoon-sized balls of dough and then roll them in your hands until smooth. If the dough is too dry to roll, stir in another 1 to 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Store the balls in an container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (if they last more than a day!).
I am SO excited to share this new book with you—and to see all of your budding kid chefs cooking along!
Be on the lookout for more seasoned kid-chef recipes coming to my website and social media feeds! And, as always, thank you for your support!
Be sure to check out some other recipes from Kid Kitchen HERE: