Kids will love to make and eat bagels topped with nutritious options like fresh fruits, veggies, and protein-rich spreads. These Fun and Healthy Holiday Bagels are a great way to get kids into the kitchen. Create these adorable bagels together as a festive snack or breakfast.
Discount code below!!
This post was sponsored by One Mighty Mill, a small company that’s making a big impact on our food system. One Mighty Mill bagels are made from freshly-milled and organically grown wheat which means they are not only delicious but super nutritious. For me, my partnership relationship with OMM is special because I have been buying their bagels, flour, and tortillas for years now. I contacted them directly to help get the word out about their mission and high-quality products.
OMM care packages of flour and bagels are one of my favorite gifts to send to friends and family. OMM also just launched their Mighty Bagel Box containing four 4-packs of bagels with different flavor options. You can purchase the box one-time or sign up for a “Subscribe and Save” option which offers a price discount and FREE shipping! Honestly, I can’t recommend One Mighty Mill bagels enough.
Click HERE and use my code: HAPPY15 for 15% off your first order!
Kids in the Kitchen: Fun and Healthy Holiday Bagels
- I did a video tutorial on how to make these bagels so it would be a great thing to watch with you child. Check it out HERE and talk about which bagels you want to make and how you’d like to copy or change up the ingredients I used to make mine.
- Prep the ingredients: wash and dry the fruit/veggies, mash the avocado, toast the bagel…these are all things that kids can help with before assembling the bagels.
- Decorate and enjoy: set the ingredients out and let your child top the bagels. Don’t worry about them being like the picture, concentrate on having fun together.
Fun and Healthy Holiday Bagels
- 1 plain bagel, sliced in half and toasted
- 2 to 3 Tbsp cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese
- 1 small peeled carrot or baby carrot
- 1/2 apple
- 1 everything or plain bagel, sliced in half and toasted
- 1/2 avocado
- lime or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp baby spinach, sliced thin
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 cinnamon raisin or plain bagel, sliced in half and toasted
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter or any nut or seed butter
- 4 small pretzels
- 2 raspberries
- 4 chocolate chips or candy eyes
- Spread each bagel half with cream cheese. Cut apple into two shapes: one longer, thinner rectangle and one larger rectangle for the top of the hat (see pictures for reference). Place apple hat at the top of the bagel, then place blueberries on as eyes and a smile. Place carrot in the center as the nose.
- Mash the avocado with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice and a pinch of salt. Spread mashed avocado onto each bagel half. Sprinkle with spinach, if desired. Cut the bell pepper into a bow shape: 2 triangles, a small circle or square, and 2 longer, thin rectangles (see pictures for reference). Place red pepper bow at the bottom of the bagel. (The avocado will begin to brown after 5 to 10 minutes, so this bagel is best if eaten right away.)
- Spread each bagel half with peanut butter (or any nut or seed butter). Place pretzels at the top of the bagel as antlers. Place the chocolate chips as eyes and the raspberry in the center as the nose.
Other breakfast recipes to try: